Wednesday, August 27, 2008



I Didn't Kiss You

Jennifer, why do you have to go away for three days?
Three days before I see you again it’s too long I can’t wait.
Know how I feel right now? I’m short of breathe, got an ache.
I wanna touch you, wanna hold your hand, see your smilin face
My head is floating, the room is spinning.
When you’re talking I just watch and listen.
I dream about you even when I’m with you. S
hould I pinch myself? I’d rather pinch you.
I want to touch my lips to your soft shoulder skin.
When you enter a room I feel you come in.
I can’t focus on what I’m doing.
My way I want to see you moving.
I melt when you come over to flirt.
Can’t you see my heart beat right through my shirt.
But then last night when you whispered goodbye, you leaned in and closed your eyes.


But I didn’t kiss you! Why didn’t I kiss you!!?I didn’t kiss you! Why didn’t I kiss you!!?


Don’t want to seem too enthusiastic.
Don’t want to get my emotional ass kicked.
You’re an amazing woman, I’m a fucking spastic.
After the first time we went out to eat.
You wanted to dance in the middle of the street
.And you were laughing at my two left feet.
You leaned in for a closer dance. I had the perfect, most obvious chance.


But I didn’t kiss you. AHHHH! Why didn’t I kiss you?I didn’t kiss you! Why didn’t I kiss you!!?


I asked a friend, hey, what should I say?
She said forget it this girl already thinks you’re gay.
NOOOO! I just freeze when I get too close to her face.
Well, she probably thinks you’re not interested, anyway,


Cause, I didn’t kiss you. No. No. Why didn’t I kiss you?I didn’t kiss you! Why didn’t I kiss you!!?

The next time I see you, I'm just gonna kiss you.
The next time I see you I’ll kiss you for the first time.
Next time I see you, I’m gonna walk right up to you.
The next time I see you I’ll put my heart on the line.
But that’s scary. What if you don’t respond? Oh God.
I don’t think I can take that kind of rejection.
I got a better idea. How about. How about. How about.

The next time you see me you just come up and kiss me.
The next time you see me you kiss me for the first time.
Next time you see me, you just walk right up to me.
The next time you see me, it’d be a load off my mind.


I hate that awkward moment right before the first kiss.
Why do I get so nervous that it builds up to this.
Just dive in head first, get the kiss over with.
I hope that my song doesn’t come on too strong.
If I give it to you I hope that I’m not wrong for expressing my frustration and insecurity.
If it makes you run away that it made a fool of me.
But if it makes you want to stay maybe it’s not gonna hurt and if it makes you want to kiss me... Then it worked

No comments: